tldr: SentinelOne Positioned as a Magic Quadrant Leader and the Highest Scored Vendor Across All Three Gartner Critical Capabilities Use Cases
Before sharing my thoughts on what this Magic Quadrant and Critical Capabilities report means for SentinelOne and cybersecurity defenders, I want to thank our thousands of customers who’ve placed their trust in us as their cybersecurity partner. Our customers are our guiding “why.” We believe our Magic Quadrant position is about our customers – and for them – and proves what many know or discover when they select SentinelOne: 1) SentinelOne’s technology excels in delivering real-time protection and visibility; 2) SentinelOne’s team puts customers first and delivers.
I believe this year’s Gartner Magic Quadrant is a formal acknowledgment by the most trusted third party in cybersecurity that SentinelOne’s strategy, execution, and market impact are undeniable. We are selected by organizations who value the power of autonomous EPP, EDR, and XDR that not only prevents, but also remediates in real-time. While others sell human-powered products, SentinelOne pioneered an AI-powered automated approach that scales humans.
A Magic Quadrant Leader, Highest Scores in the Gartner Critical Capabilities Report, and Highly Reviewed in Gartner Peer Insights
Gartner published three materials in the Endpoint Protection Platforms market which can guide enterprises in their cybersecurity decision process:
- Gartner Magic Quadrant: “a graphical competitive positioning of vendors in markets where growth is high and provider differentiation is distinct” (Gartner). SentinelOne was named a Leader in the 2021 Gartner Magic Quadrant for EPP. We were recognized for our ability to execute and completeness of vision.
- Gartner Critical Capabilities: “As an essential companion to the Gartner Magic Quadrant, this methodology provides deeper insight into providers’ product and service offerings by extending the Magic Quadrant analysis” (Gartner). SentinelOne earned the highest score for all Use Cases within the 2021 Gartner Critical Capabilities for EPP report.
- Gartner Peer Insights: Direct and verified opinions from security leaders and practitioners just like you. According to Gartner, “Gartner Peer Insights is a free peer review and ratings platform designed for enterprise software and services decision makers. All reviews go through a strict validation and moderation process in an effort to ensure they are authentic.”
To me, Peer Insights isn’t about what analysts think; it’s about what practitioners experience and share in a verified and anonymous space. In the past year, SentinelOne received hundreds of reviews with a score of 4.9 out of 5.0 for both EPP and EDR*.
The Sum of the Parts: Your Own Interpretation
Taking these data points together, I believe CISOs and IT leaders can make the very best product decisions for their organizations. For example, let’s say a CISO is concerned with selecting a solution that’s easy to use for their team: turning to Critical Capabilities, reading relevant peer reviews, and consulting the latest Magic Quadrant Report, are each important inputs to forming a point of view and making the right decision. There’s no “one size fits all” metric for success with a cybersecurity solution; but using these three sources in conjunction with one another, decision makers can make relevant decisions about which vendors to deploy.
Being recognized across each of these Gartner reports is an exciting accomplishment for SentinelOne. In my opinion, receiving the highest score for each use case – in the same year – is indicative of the customer traction and product-market fit we’re seeing in the market. We made a flexible solution highly relevant to solving diverse customer problems.
SentinelOne is extremely proud to be recognized as a Magic Quadrant Leader, something that I believe most vendors never achieve. I believe this achievement corresponds to SentinelOne’s new logo adoption and existing SentinelOne customer satisfaction market realities: we’re global, we’re in hypergrowth, and we’re purpose-built for the threat landscape of the future.
Technology for Tomorrow: Cybersecurity’s Platform for the Future
Pioneering behavioral AI with the industry’s leading converged EPP and EDR solution, SentinelOne’s innovation set the stage for the evolution that’s taken place between two historically separate offerings: protection and visibility. Our technology is purpose built for the XDR era.
In my opinion, we are the only vendor in the Magic Quadrant report that delivers machine speed prevention, detection, response, and remediation on-device, powered by AI. Our platform delivers these capabilities in a unified fashion, autonomously, without connectivity reliance or human intervention.
Our approach was validated in the latest MITRE Engenuity ATT&CK evaluations: while other vendors require software that sends data to the cloud for analysis – some even maintain hundreds of people that investigate alerts, make decisions, and ultimately take action on behalf of customers. In contrast, SentinelOne is a technology-first AI approach that scales the human – to make decisions and take action in real time – akin to the innovation we see in the robotic process automation market.
I believe this year’s Magic Quadrant and accompanying Critical Capabilities report highlight SentinelOne as a leading “go to” platform for protection, visibility, and innovation. I invite you to take a demo or start a free trial to see the difference for yourself. It’s time for real time. It’s time for technology that solves your cybersecurity problems and saves you and your staff time. It’s time for SentinelOne.
Thanks for reading! Let’s continue the discussion. Please feel free to comment or book a meeting with our team today.
Gartner does not endorse any vendor, product or service depicted in its research publications, and does not advise technology users to select only those vendors with the highest ratings or other designation. Gartner research publications consist of the opinions of Gartner’s research organization and should not be construed as statements of fact. Gartner disclaims all warranties, expressed or implied, with respect to this research, including any warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose.
* ### Review and Ratings as on 11 May, 2021
Gartner Peer Insights reviews constitute the subjective opinions of individual end users based on their own experiences and do not represent the views of Gartner or its affiliates.
Gartner Peer Insights Customers’ Choice constitute the subjective opinions of individual end-user reviews, ratings, and data applied against a documented methodology; they neither represent the views of, nor constitute an endorsement by, Gartner or its affiliates.
Read more about Cyber Security
- XDR Data Retention | Making Sure Your XDR Platform Outlasts Your Adversaries
- The Hunt For The Right Security Solution
- Relaying Potatoes: Another Unexpected Privilege Escalation Vulnerability in Windows
- Understanding Ransomware in the Enterprise – SentinelOne
- MITRE ATT&CK Engenuity: AI & Big Data Powered EDR > Human Powered Products
- MITRE Mania: Your Guide to Understanding Vendor Positioning and Why It All Matters
- Why XDR Vendors Must Build, Buy, and Partner
- Singularity XDR: One Platform to Revolutionize XDR
- Feature Spotlight: Announcing Native Support for Apple M1
- Six Steps to Successful and Efficient Threat Hunting
– Read More – SentinelOne